Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fo Brick For Fireplaces

On the train again, again, agian ....

-Ahmedabad-Delhi 1200 kms ...

36h travel (departure at 4:25 p.m. July 29, arrival at 6:30 July 31 ...) 4
traveled state: Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat
gallons of chai bus ... Lots of smiles
exchanges and wonderful encounters ...

The most beautiful moment of this trip was definitely my meeting with Fazhia Khan and his family in the waiting room of the Old Delhi railway station ferroviaure.
I arrived in Delhi after a night journey (took a night train Kalka at 23:55, arriving in Delhi at 6am).
It's hot, I feel dirty and I'm dreaming of a shower and a quiet place to wait for my 3rd and last train has planned 11:45.
I ask a coolie (bearer in Hindi) to accompany me to the waiting room, and I find myself in a large waiting room reserved for women, with toilet and shower not too dirty, and Ceiling Fan. ..

The atmosphere is rather quiet, it is still early, women and children sleeping sleepy ...
I'm a little freshen up, it feels good ...

And Fazhia comes to me, she does not speak English and I am doing very badly in Hindi, but we will spend 4 hours together, to speak (I have a dictionary Angalis-Hindi, we cope with AC) , Dining (Any self-respecting Indian family who never travels without his reserve and dirty sugar cookies made at home!), To laugh ...
Fazhia has 1 sister and 2 brothers, they come from a small village in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan go to a wedding. J

share those few hours with them (mother and two sisters aged 16 and 18), and men are joining us at lunch about 10:30.
Before I left my train, they prepare me a small bag of cookies (like two dozen of each!), Chillies and mango pickles ... It never lets a traveler from hungry, and we always make sure it has enough to live up to his arrival! Well in my case, not doubt, I will not die in road end!

I am invited to come home next time and thanks to my new friend Micromax my phone, I can stay in touch! In India almost everyone has a cell phone, it does not cost very much ... So the

5am waiting went by very quickly, and I leave with regret my new friends ... And when I say friends, I think vraiemnt, as sharing a meal with a stranger like me, with the looks of other passengers not always benevolent or disapprove clearly for some it is a true test of friendship and Kindness, a hand held abroad as only those who do not know how much to give ...

Thank you for being there that morning, and have managed to give this expectation has a special flavor ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment