Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cost To Restore Table

Somnath: temple by storm waves ...

Wednesday, August 4
Jamnagar

Day lazy today after the gallery was a rainstorm and Junagadh railway overdose of previous days ...
So I did nothing special, small tour Lakhota Lake in the late after-noon, that's all ...

I read in the Times of India this morning that Gujarat was in a critical situation vis a vis the monsoon, such as Uttar Pradesh and other northern states west of India. The most critical area was the region yesterday to Veraval and Somnath, where I was Monday in mop ... I also told myself it was a little too pleased!

Back on this day Monday, then, and this walk worthy of a disaster movie ...

Monday morning I decided to go for a ride was Somnath, situated at 2h30 drive from Junagadh. For that, I took a bus to Veraval then another bus to Somnath.
arrival at Veraval, it is still raining ropes. On the way, the roads are still passable though partially flooded, some land cultivation are completely under water, and river levels al; exceeds widely abused of the alert status. Reflecting the general concern, the villagers are gathering on the bridges or along waterways to see the rising water, was powerless anyway curb anything ...

At Veraval, bus station is flooded ... I get off the bus at the water ... I drove next to a lawyer, a gentleman of about fifty years, very nice. It gives me a chai before going to work ..
Waiting for the bus almost 45 minutes, I think the traffic conditions should be a little perturbed because I was listing the bus in 20 minutes ... So I start chatting with Dodiya, a Young Veraval, chemistry graduate, who is expecting a bus to Porbandar, located on the coast between Veraval and Dwarka ... It is very nice, and speaks a little English which is quite rare in this region. He's happy because he also told me that he generally does not include foreigners when they speak English, but with me it goes! You surprise me, with my accent frenchie, he and his Gujarati accent, it makes sense!

My bus finally arrived, and 30 minutes after I had Somnath.
There are several sites to visit including the great temple of Somnath. I put myself in agreement with an auto-rickshaw driver who makes me do the tour of the temples for 100 rps.





Somnath temple
<> \u0026lt;>
\u0026lt;>
<> \u0026lt;>
Somnath temple




All pilgrims are welcome to Somnath ...!


<> \u0026lt;>
\u0026lt;>
<> \u0026lt;> ;
The waves unleashed by the Arabian Sea since the Great Temple of Somnath

The sea Somnath







<> \u0026lt;>
\u0026lt;>
<> \u0026lt;>
Shiva Lingam in the temples of Somnath secondary

and Lakshmi Narayan Temple, Somnath


The rest tomorrow because I have exhausted my internet account for today ...
Take care!

0 comments:

Post a Comment