Friday, August 6, 2010

Current Research Albinism

Somnath Shiva, the rain and the rest ...

Friday, August 6
Jamnagar

In exactly one week I am in Paris .... Deja 15 days that I'm here, and as usual I feel like it's been months since I am the ... Paris seems so away, and all my daily preoccupations, usually so important ... It will go well, however, and re-switcher again Pooja in France ...
At first, I did not used to hearing me call Pooja, so that when SOMEBODY call me, I did not answer, was not accustomed to answering to this name! And now I got done, and when people ask me what my name I answer spontaneously Pooja! Some are surprised at what a great first name for Indian white long nose, and the puyis Most find it absolutely normal! It is in India, or even the most bizarre huge passes for just normal ...! And it is great! So

Somnath, finishing ... My
auto rickshaw made me so to tour the temples of Somnath, and stop at a time outside the gates of a temple you it seems quite modern. I'm close, I do m'embarasse or my shoes or my umbrella, and I run inside ... Nothing special in my eyes wicked Christians, but certainly a very important place for Hindus, many of whom had come to make their devotions at the feet of different gods.
I run the other way, but my driver beckoned me eller further, there are other Flute temples ... I do not look back my chappals (sandals in Hindi) or my umbrella, it does not need to be far away ... Big mistake! I am drenched in 2 minutes, and you still have to walk 3-4 minutes to reach the temple-says .... who looks more like a barn with my friends the cows option! That said, they do have the right to collect, after all, Why do the animals do they not believe? So we respect and no one put out at most droppings are cleaned, because even when one might slip ...!
I do my little turn, and I discovered a tiny crevice in the rock, beside which sits a man who asks me to drag myself ... Sorry sir, but you really think Am I going to get in there? Even for a child Seems complicated! If so, madame, c'mon down Holy is holy, shiva mantra, puja etc. ...
Well, at her insistence and stares of pilgrims who do not understand why this kind of large wild hesitated to come down and made a fuss when they go there all the old grandmother full of osteoarthritis in young rather comfortable I leave my bag at the entrance and I rush down the stairs ...
There are a dozen steps, but I could not even sit down or standing, you have to stick against the steps and down in reverse, the nose sticks to walk ...
Downstairs there is an inferno Despite the small fan that stirs air burning ... Again, no place to stand, so everyone is housed in the same boat: we advance has 4 legs! There are 2 parts, a sort of antechamber, and the room prinviaple or priest officiating and did the puja.
It was my turn, I approach without really knowing what I do. 2 young are with me, and suddenly they are the ones who guide me. I chanted with them Om Nama Shiva ritual, the priest gives me a flower that I embrace, and it lasts 5 minutes ... Then he waved it over, and everybody comes out to 4 feet, crossing newcomers has 4 legs in the other direction! It's psychedelic, I had both wanted to laugh, and at the same time this faith unshaken that is doing crazy stuff , Beyond the ridiculous, I find it amazing! And at that moment, I do not feel ridiculous at all or not in my place, I'm just where I should be at that moment, in this cave deep in Gujarat, with the pilgrims, in the process of invoke Shiva and his powers secret ...
Well, to show, same boat, we are all a single file, nose in the buttocks of his predecessor, and try to gently back without slipping on the wet stairs nor GET DIRTY back or the head cons wall ... Yes! I came out and all is well!
Outside it always rains, cows are still there, and it is finally time to enjoy the great temple of Somnath, which is anyway the main reason for my coming ...

It is majestic, this temple, draws back the sea, whose waves unleashed by the monsoon rain comes crashing against the strike ... The spectacle of this raging sea is awesome, too bad I could not stay longer by being a bit sheltered as the wind blows hard and pluis has not ceased ...
Inside the temple, the pilgrims will deposit their offerings, recite a few mantras and go .... Some have come from afar ... An endless flow in and out of the temple ... The pluis n has not discouraged the pilgrims, although in winter it must be much more impressive ...

I stop for breakfast before heading back to Junagadh, a delicious Gujarati thali in a small dhaba just next to the temple.
The bus station is right next door, I was told that there was a bus at 14:30 ... Yes the bus is, and he left at 14:15 ... the same water level rises significantly since this morning, some streets and roads are completely submerged, and I do not even realized at that moment, I probably done well to leave early, because a few hours later it did not pass over, Somnath Road was cut, and even the temple has been damaged because of heavy rains in recent days ...

At Junagadh, the situation is not brilliant, and I decided to leave for Jamnagar next morning, because unfortunately in this weather I can not do anything else ..
Again I was very inspired, because the situation has significantly aggravated by late morning, and the streets through which I had gone a few hours earlier are now under water and impassable for pedestrians ...

Tonight I leave Jamnagar to Ahmedabad, where I'll stay just the day tomorrow before moving to Jaipur and my Indian friends who have prepared a nice little program they told me ....

Keep well

0 comments:

Post a Comment