Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ripper Three Wheel Scooter

Mahabodi Express

Saturday, November 13

Bodhgaya (Bihar)

No, this is not the title of a film, or the last fashionable novel, but the name of train that took me from Delhi to Gaya, or 990 miles, starting 2:10 p.m. Friday 12, Saturday 13 6:30 arrival.
first accurate to express the term does not mean "high speed", meaning a reduced travel time between two distinct points, but rather an end joined to the names of all Indian trains, history to class ... just like the term "resort" part of the name of the hotel ..

Here is a small place the events of this trip:
  • 13:15 I leave my GH Paharganj, 10 minutes by cycle rickshaw to the station from New Delhi
  • 13:30: I arrive at the station
  • 1:31 p.m. : 15 porters gather around me to carry my suitcase ... advertised rate: 500 rps!
  • 1:33 p.m.: 500 rps we went down to 150, which is still too much, the usual rate of 40 rps ...
  • 1:35 p.m.: track n ° 8 on which is expected train is crowded, and we're getting there very quickly my bearing, my suitcase me ... and finally the so-called 1 km were traveled quickly, in under 5 minutes!
  • 1:40 p.m.: I give 100 rps with my carrier, who is rattling a bit ... but do not insist there are limits to the scam
  • 13:45: I buy a bottle of water and 1 package biscuits, had no time for breakfast, or make provisions for the journey ... it says I'm not worried, everything and more in Indian trains :-)
  • 1:50 p.m.: an endless s riser increasingly on the platform ... it's the queue of passengers without reservations, which will rush on 2 or 3 cars that are dedicated ...
  • 1:55 p.m.: I explain Paul, American Buddhist and also going to Bodhgaya, what does this endless line of passengers ...
  • 14h: the train is still not there ... .. scheduled departure at 14.10 looks good here for a fast ...
  • 2:13 p.m., the train enters the station ... it's the stampede of the track ... "without reservation" shakes, shrugs, tramples ... I'm shaking elbows and kicking bag for through and get to ride in my car, the S1 Sleeper 1, the basic class and popular that I love as you know ...
  • 14.15: I'm on the step, but my bag was wedged between the door and buttocks a gentleman who wants to get off the train ... normal, everyone goes ..
  • 2:20 p.m. I went up and try to work my way down the hall crowded with passengers and luggage
  • 14.25: I finally get to my place, Bearth No. 55 (to berth No. 55).
  • 14:30: the train starts ... let's go for 16 hours of travel ...
  • 14h40: my traveling companions are all men ... not easy to get to know ... the faces are rather closed ..
  • 15h: the 7 fellow travelers, 3 to attend the screening of a film exciting, "a tourist dressed in Indian takes the train sleeper class"! I assure you, they are stuck!
  • 15:30: I sleep, my iPod glued to their ears ... On the road to Raphael, is in fact :-)
  • 16h: no intermission during the meeting they are still stuck ....
  • 17h: this is the intermission, they talk about the film between them, it looks much the fun ... I do not know that was a funny movie
  • 18:30: I order a vegetarian menu for the evening, for 80 rps ... spectators near died of laughter ..!
  • 20h: I wake up, lunch is served ... dal, rice, chapati ... it's good, nourishing and ...
  • 20.30: lights out ... a pot shot, they did not seem to snore!
  • 22.30: dare I even venture to open an eye, for fear of eye contact hallucinated one of three team mates in watching me sleep ....! That said, I understand, the show is gorgeous: I'm Punjabi, wrapped in my dupatta, socks with Air France!
  • 0h: the express train arrives at the station in Varanasi ... I hold down, it will be in 5 days ...
  • 2h: I am awakened by the cold, I'm too lazy to leave my sleeping bag that is at the bottom of my suitcase ... I curls curled up and go back to sleep ... ..
  • 3h: everyone wakes up, lights are turned on, vendors chai resume their tour ... I'm cold and I do not quite understand this morning awakening, because the train is supposed to arrive in 3 hours gaya ...
  • 3:30: I drink a chai to warm up ... it is delicious ..
  • 4h: arrival in Patna, almost the whole compartment was down ... so the reason for our early morning wake up ..
  • 4:30: I go back to sleep ...
  • 6h30: train arrival Mahabodi Express station in Gaya, with 20 minutes ahead of schedule :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment