Monday, February 2, 2009

Belkin Tunebase Fm Transmitter For Zune

first day at work

Note: Some words are underlined with dotted lines. Move your mouse over, you will have comments that you will (hopefully) better understand what barbarous language.



Small intro
Intalio Inc.
. Is the name of the Start Up where I'll do my internship for six months. It is an enterprise software publisher of for companies wishing to better manage their "process" (do not ask me what it is!). For more geeks (Julia Youssef, Anass, lol ...), you are concerned they are the same as SAP, that is to say, an ERP but open source and free. For non-geeks , comments are here for:)

And that's the most interesting
So today was my first day of class. I arrived at the premises around 8:30 am with Olivier (with whom I sleep temporarily). There was nobody. Everyone arrived around 9:00. I introduced myself to the team (composed mainly of French and a lot of engineers Mines de Nancy [as CEO]). We are fifteen engineers and the atmosphere is very relaxed. One feels immediately at ease. When I saw happen with the tie, I was told it was not really necessary and there was no dress code. Jeans with holes and flip flops are ok lol:)

Engineers French in a box in the U.S.? You will not really improve your English! Surely what you say you read my stories ... Well think again! Here we speak English, except at rare times (5 minutes at lunch for example). Yes because everyone is not French. There is also a Russian, an Indian and a Korean. Everyone talks very well and the French accent is not really present. I have a little trouble understanding everything there especially acronyms everywhere and a lot of technical language as you can imagine in a company where 100% of employees are engineers.

Program The Day The day
Started at 9am with a meeting of 1h weekly to take stock of what to do. I found it rather amusing at the beginning because I came straight into the heart of the matter. But after a few minutes, I quickly saw that it would be difficult for any dip ... SOA, SOAP, programming in the small, Programming in the large, HTTP Connectors ... That Kind of stuff dude (Whoooo how it's farts since he left the states ...).

Then my boss came to me and say what I was going to begin. He asked me if I knew Ruby (a language programming) and Ruby On Rails (a framework for the development of Web applications). Given my negative response, I was politely asked to learn it on the job. So what I did today: I learned Ruby. Obviously I did not finish but tomorrow I should have chewed the biggest piece. I'll then be able to start working on concrete.

schedules (the what?)
The day ended at 18h. Employees started to leave the box to 17h. But here, there is no schedule! Yes, no schedule! Until the job is done, and in time, I can handle my job the way I want. Come at 10 am or 6 am regardless. In short it reminds me very much the spirit of the university:) And I like it a lot! Some even spend some days teleworking. They remain at home to Taff (or not) as there is no real supervision of work performed.

now you know everything (and even a bit more ...) on my first day taff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment