Thursday, February 12, 2009

Music Everyone Should Have On Their Ipod

Imagine you without money for one day

Big scare today.

I went to the "Social Security Office" to get my social security number and be well paid. The only problem is that I used my last $ to get there and then I could not withdraw money (I had exceeded the ceiling of 650 € / week). Imagine the trick :
  • you're an hour from home by bus (which runs every half hour ...)
  • you are expected to work
  • you still 3 cents
  • you're exhausted from your first week
  • and you must wait 2 hours in a chair before your favorite number
  • you have no idea of where you are because you have filed
Questions
  • How to return to work? On foot? But this is where?!
  • How to Eat? Well yes it is already noon ... and stuff, makes you hungry! How
  • do not cry? : D
short hard drive ... Finally, by sending an sms to Olivier (the colleague who hosted the first week), I learned that the bus driver could even let us in without paying (they are nice sometimes it seems). By calling my father, I learned that one could ask for a cash advance to his employer. And calling my roommate, I learned that he could not pick me because he is at work and it's super far from where I am (it feels very only after this kind of phone call where you explain that you are * beep * in and you need help).

Finally, stroke of luck: when I pass the bus and the driver let me in after I explained that I could not withdraw money to the distributor. After an hour bus ride, I not far from work. I found a place to eat (as I could pay with my credit card by some miracle) and I go home to get my computer (30 min walk).

I wonder just 5 minutes and I'll be leaving in the opposite direction to go to work. Finally I arrive at work around 14h and then I request an advance. I am told we can only make me a check. I therefore set up an account to cash the $ 1500 and hope to have the cash right away.

In the end, everything ends well, my bank "gives" a $ 100 bill and put the rest on the newly created account. PHEW! I'm going to eat tomorrow! And by the way tonight because I ate my roommate made me an Indian dish ... thank you!

And you have done how?!

Money does not buy happiness ??

0 comments:

Post a Comment