Monday, February 9, 2009

Fake High School Community Hours

budget of my first week (ouch!)

Let's talk a little money !
Not to pity Dad / Mom and receive more (you're already doing a lot!) But rather to give you an idea if ever you want to live here.
So I made a small stock of this week, and I must say it has cost me the skin of underpants! Yet I did nothing extraordinary: metro-boulot-dodo. Except the first weekend I arrived, it is a bit out (cinema, bar twice [well yes should be good buddies: D]).

$ 337. That's it, I dropped the piece ... Yes, you read correctly! $ 337! Or 260 € for a single week or a tiny bit over 40 € / day ...
xD Yes it is a lot! This is the double of my budget at Troyes. If I continue like this, I will spend close to $ 1500 per month just to eat, drink a small glass from time to time and go to the movies every once in a while.

For the curious, I made a small listing of my expenses. Here it is.

- $ 10 adapter plug
- $ 12 sushi
- $ 15 brunch x2
- $ 30 beers + tapas x2
- $ 3 coca arrival
- $ 14 restaurant salad x2
- $ 10 as laptop (yes I have not taken an iPhone )
- $ 10 credit as
- $ 10 Thai
- $ 10 Pho Vietnamese
- $ 10 Mexican
- $ 15 half gasoline
- $ 10 movies
- $ 5 magazine
- $ 8 train -> job
- $ 7 beers
- $ 4 oreo
- $ 7 muffin x4 (1 each morning: D)
- $ 12 for transport to arrive since SF
- $ 7 subway
- $ 10 caribbean
- $ 10 pizza + orange juice
- $ 10 McDonalds

Bouffe = $ 159 per week (!)
Exceptional expenditure (adapter jack, telephone ...) = $ 32 + $ 50 ( made in error to a bartender [no it's fatigue, nothing ...])
Current expenditure (transport, telephone credit) = $ 48 TOTAL =


And $ 289 is missing $ 48 to $ 337 have disappeared. I do not know where they went.

As you noticed, the bulk of the budget is spent on food. Indeed, every day, eat outside, because the box does not res. So we arrive at $ 10/day for meals. But as soon as I installed it would be easier to slap these expenses by shopping and cooking at home (if I have the courage!). The days are exhausting. In any case the former is very hard.

now you know everything!
the next episode, there will be buying the bed, a desk, a chair, a trick to extend the clothes, sheets, a CAR (! My first car there that me!) and can be a phone worthy of a true engineer (something with unlimited internet, access to Google Maps to emails, and full of useless apps so essential): an iPhone.

And that's where I tell myself that $ 3,000 will go very fast:)
Especially that $ 3,000 gross turn into $ 2,600 then $ 1,900 net (1400 €) after the rent ($ 700). So we have to go to the bank to save at least 30% per month ($ 570) automatically if I want to travel a bit (a lot) this summer across the USA.

And stop telling me I'm only € 1400 off. It is not in Troyes: D

PS: I feel that this article not going to please you my darling, there's too many digits ^ ^

0 comments:

Post a Comment